October 6, 2015 by admin
Your weekends weren’t made for housework. Your time is valuable, and that’s why our full service, professional house cleaning team is here to take care of your home cleaning needs. During the month of October, Housekeeping Maid Easy is partnering with Cleaning For a Reason, a national nonprofit dedicated to giving the gift of free house cleaning to women undergoing cancer treatment for any type of cancer. Our goal is to allow these strong and brave women to focus on their health and treatment while we focus on cleaning their homes-free of charge.
Housekeeping Maid Easy has participated in the program since since we opened. Monika Christensen, HME’s owner, watched her mother fight a long hard battle of breast cancer that progressed into other organs. She understands the effects that chemo, radiation, and surgery take on a woman, and wants to take care of daily household tasks so these women can focus on their health rather than their homes. Over the years, HME has cleaned homes for more than two dozen women as they battled cancer.
How it works:
- A cancer patient can sign up with Cleaning For A Reason through its website, cleaningforareason.com, or call their office directly to apply.
- Once they have completed the application process, they will be placed with a cleaning company in their area.
- If HME is the local company matched with the patient, we will reach out to schedule their first cleaning session.
- We do 4 free cleanings per patient, one per month for 4 months. Each cleaning is either 2 hours of cleaning with a team of 2 staff members or 4 hours of cleaning time with 1 staff member. This is a value of $140.
- We keep track of cleaning and call each month to schedule