Finding a job that is rewarding, fulfilling, and can sustain your lifestyle can be tough. You need a job that values you as both a person and an employee and does its best to protect you. Luckily, Housekeeping Maid Easy has some of the best cleaning jobs hiring now in Central Indiana.
Being a Solo House Cleaner: What We’re Looking For
If you work for us, you have to be awesome! An awesome person, an awesome solo operator who is still a team player, and an awesome worker who knows how to get the job done right the first time. But understanding exactly how we define an awesome addition to our team may be confusing, so we’ve broken it down for you.
Some of the things we’re looking for in our new employees include:
- Being a Go-Getter: You have a hard time sitting at a desk all day because you like to move and stay busy.
- You Love Working Independently: We clean as single maids – one cleaner per house so you must be awesome at working independently without a team lead to direct your work. Everyone who works for us must have the work ethic of a team leads because you and your work are one.
- Having a Keen Eye for Detail: You notice little things that others miss.
- Excellent Communication Skills: You know how to listen to others and express yourself clearly.
- You LOVE Cleaning: This is essential. We thrive on ensuring our clients experience the feeling of entering a clean environment. To be successful, you must feel the same way.
- Early Bird: You are a morning person who loves to start their day with a BANG!
- Optimist: You see the glass as half full and don’t allow challenges to derail your day.
- Eagerness to Grow & Learn: You give 100% all the time and are always looking for the opportunity to improve. You like feedback and strive to do your best.
- Efficient at Multitasking: When given big projects with many small pieces, you say, “BRING IT ON!”
Every job has requirements that people have to meet before applying. We have ours to ensure we can serve our community to the best of our ability. You must:
- Must be 21 years old or older and able to read, speak and write English fluently
- Must have been at a previous job for at least 1-year minimum- no “job hoppers” please
- Must be comfortable working independently- we clean as solo cleaners
- Read, speak and write English fluently
- Pass a background check we will run
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have your own reliable transportation with car insurance
- House cleaning can be tiring. Have the ability to lift 20lbs, stand, bend, kneel, push, and pull twist while performing the necessary cleaning duties throughout the day with no issues doing so.
- Have a smartphone
- Must be honest, trustworthy, energetic, positive, and take ownership in your choices. Hard work and motivation are a MUST!
- Must be willing to drive to and from our Service Areas: Indianapolis (within 20 miles of Castleton), Castleton, Lawrence, Geist, Broadripple, Downtown Indianapolis, Fishers, Carmel, Westfield, Noblesville, McCordsville, Zionsville
What other industries do our employees come from? Retail jobs, restaurant jobs, server jobs, hospitality jobs- we do not work nights or weekends or major holidays like these industries do: Commercial cleaners, office cleaners, at-home health care job seekers, and many more.
Working as a House Cleaner: A Day in the Life
So what would your day look like? Fast, furious, and fun is a good way to describe it.
All the equipment and cleaning solutions you’ll need for your cleaning jobs will be provided to you once you complete training, and you will keep them with you at all times, refilling supplies at your leisure as needed from our “Refill Station”. Each day you will typically drive to 1 to 3 jobs, depending on size and scope of work, cleaning somewhere between 6-8 labor hours. It’s important to be on time for your first job of the day, in case customers have any questions or concerns, and to make sure that you have the time you need for your bookings.
If you only have one job, that means it is a deep clean and you will clean it from top to bottom — literally. We give all of our clients a comprehensive initial clean so be ready to work and scrub if needed. You’re more than welcome to listen to music, podcasts, or audiobooks while you clean if that makes you more productive.
You’ll repeat these steps throughout the day if you have more than one job. (See why we need morning people?) At the end of the day, which usually is around 5 pm, you’ll pack up your equipment and supplies, log your miles, and go home for the night.
And remember, no nights or weekends are ever expected! You deserve time off to refocus and prepare for another day of impacting the lives of homeowners in Central Indiana.
What We Offer When Hiring House Cleaners
One of the main reasons that Housekeeping Maid Easy offers some of the best house cleaning jobs in Central Indiana is what we offer our employees. Each of our cleaning professionals is treated with respect and appreciation.
We want you to become part of our team of professionals, and we treat you like that through our scheduling, professional development, and benefits. The benefits that make us stand out from other cleaning service jobs include:
- Paid Training: From day one at our cleaning houses jobs, we’ll train you to become one of the best house cleaners in the business. You’ll learn cleaning procedures, how to use equipment, and how to know if a cleaning solution can really get the job done with efficiency. If you don’t have much experience, don’t worry! We have you covered.
- Great Pay: Our employees are paid on a bi-weekly basis and average $700 to $800 a week, plus tips, bonuses, and a mileage reimbursement of 0.54 cents per mile (although we pay Biweekly).
- Flexible Full-Time Schedule: Our staff is offered 10 days of PTO plus the opportunity to earn up to 6 paid holidays (which we do not work!). Additionally, no nights or weekends are ever required.
- Independence: We clean as solo’s, not teams, so you can drive directly from your home to your jobs and back again! No wasted time spent traveling during rush hour to and from an office just to pick up equipment etc. No one is breathing down your back and you don’t have to worry about anyone else’s work or work ethic except your own!
- Supportive Work Environment: We have open communication and collaboration. Negativity and drama are never welcome here.
- Benefits: Each team member is offered healthcare insurance, of which we cover 50% of your plan’s costs.
Most importantly, we help you plan for your future. There are plenty of advancement opportunities that come up regularly with our cleaning jobs. We always try to hire or promote internally so you can work your way up the ladder through hard work and dedication.
Apply to Our Full-Time Cleaning Jobs Today!
If you’re looking for house cleaner jobs where you can learn and grow, look no further than Housekeeping Maid Easy. As a local cleaning company, we make a real impact on our communities. When you work with us, you work with a winning team that gets the job done and provides a clean environment that allows our clients to live their lives to the fullest.